Turmeric, My Favorite Anti-Inflammatory Spice That Gave My Dog Some Life

How Turmeric Helped My Dog

Turmeric, My Favorite Anti-Inflammatory Spice That Gave My Dog Some Life
One of the interesting things, such as a physician is that despite my patients come to me for advice, guidance and knowledge within my own family, I'm just Dad and that comes from a lack of faith in my vision for professionals. Well, recalling that the change of most of my children and the eyes of the wife was the day of our laboratory helped 12 named Dharma.

She was a gentle family dog ​​who helped raise our children but was now plagued by arthritis so even a walk on the street was hard for her. Just back from my week in Arizona for my scholarship in integrative medicine and learned about the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric, so I thought why not see if the Dharma help. I bought some organic spice turmeric, and combined with some omega-3 fatty acids rich in oil and black pepper and mix with your usual meal. The first time I worked for her, she looked up from her plate on suspicion, but as with most laboratories, which never left the food so low without any problems. This became our daily routine for those who made fun of me in the house for practicing "voodoo" in dogs. But guess what? In about two weeks, which was significantly better.

Almost like in the movie Cocoon had a little spring to your step and now she could walk 1-2 miles off 1 block. Finally my knowledge and training meant something in the family of Lane and began adding turmeric to everything!

Benefits turmeric health

So why this helps Dharma and what is all the fuss about turmeric? Accordingly, curcumin is one of the most powerful inflammatory compounds known in the ground. It is one of the main spices in curry and mustard, and is widely used in Indian cuisine. In fact, some have hypothesized that the low prevalence of Alzheimer's disease in India can be related to their increased consumption of turmeric.

The active compound in turmeric is curcumin and on the basis of in vitro and animal studies, it appears to be anti-inflammatory, anti-neoplastic, anti-oxidant. As many of our medical conditions are associated with inflammation, it is not surprising that curcumin has been included in numerous clinical trials. There have been positive results in studies of inflammatory bowel disease, rheumatoid arthritis and prevention of colon cancer, but a recent study on diabetes prevention was particularly interested me (Chuengsamarn S, et al. For curcumin extract the prevention of type 2 diabetes Diab Care 2012; November 2012).

In a major medical center in Thailand 237 pre-diabetic patients were enrolled in a child of 12 months ,,, randomized double-blind cohort study placebo controlled to compare the effects on Mar. 1 vs. placebo pills pills curcumin extract 3 twice daily. After 9 months of trial, no participants taking curcumin developed diabetes, but the 16.4% taking placebo control group did go on to become diabetic. Although larger studies need to be done, I still thought it was an incredible preliminary result with potentially major consequences for the health of our country is facing a diabetes epidemic.

Warnings against possible to take turmeric

As with everything, there are possible side effects, but turmeric is generally very well tolerated even at high doses. People with gallstones or biliary obstruction should avoid turmeric because it has been shown to contract the gallbladder and is not recommended as a supplement for people suffering from gastric ulcers or are pregnant. Also if you are taking anticoagulants should discuss taking turmeric with your health care provider for security so that you can be identified and adequately controlled.

Taking turmeric

Now you may wonder why I put black pepper and turmeric oil in the Dharma food. Many people do not realize that turmeric (turmeric) will not significantly absorbed from the intestine without fat (ie why omega-3 oil is used) and the hose that comes from black pepper. In fact, some studies piperine increased absorption of almost 1000%!

If you use turmeric with intestinal purposes when taken on an empty stomach, without black pepper (piperine or free attachment) for its anti-inflammatory effects in the gastrointestinal mucosa and not in the bloodstream.

Since I'm a big believer in food aid to help enhance the natural healing potential of the body do not be shy about incorporating spice turmeric in your cooking. No add a yellow color to your food, but has minimal flavor and you can feel good about the health benefits that you add to your diet. People always ask me how many black pepper to add to food. The honest answer is that I'm not sure that there are a number scientifically proven, so I always just add pepper, so I enjoy the food. Hopefully, as my faithful canine friend Dharma, you will also notice a little spring in your step soon.

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment

Thank you for interaction on our page and we wish you a happy day